ERICH VON DANIKEN and CHARIOTS OF THE GODS
The Torah Code seems to imply that Von Daniken has invented a new religion. 4/11/2013
I recently received a request to see if Erich Von Daniken is encoded in Torah. His most famous book was Chariots of the gods. It involves the hypothesis that the technologies and religions of ancient civilizations were given to them by alien astronauts who were welcomed as gods. On the matrix below the axis term is VON DANIKEN. There is an ERIK at the same skip and an ERICH at skip 3. UFO RELIGION is at the same skip as VON DANIKEN. CHARIOT is at an ELS. The word for CHARIOT in Hebrew is pronounced Merkabah. A lot of people read about the Merkabah in the book of Ezekiel and think it is a description of a UFO. Passing through CHARIOT in the open text is YOUR GOD rather than gods. Merkabah ends its encoding with a reference to 9 cubits which was the size of the bed of King Og. If he needed a 9 cubit bed, that translates into a body that was 13.5 feet tall, and again it is often alleged that giants referred to in Genesis 6:4 were aliens. Also on this matrix in the open text is THE ALIEN.
STATISTICAL SIGNIFICANCE OF THE MATRIX. As per my standard protocol, no statistical significance is assigned to the axis term, here VON DANIKEN at its lowest skip. It is spelled with a Hebrew letter feh as is shown on the Hebrew Wikipedia page about him. Analysis of the matrix is split into two parts - the full matrix and the window with a white background. The full 1,240-letter matrix is necessary to see ERIK at the same skip as VON DANIKEN. While Erik and Erich may sound alike, only the actual spelling of his first name name ERICH is found on the smaller 840-letter matrix with the white background, and unlike ERIK at a special case skip (+/-1 or the absolute skip of the axis term), ERICH at a non-special case skip of 3 was not statistically significant. UFO RELIGION was by far the most significant (as well as descriptive) term found on the matrix. It had about 1 chance in 246 to be at a special case skip on the full matrix, about 1 chance in 363 to be found this way on the smaller matrix, and about 1 chance in 1,630 to be this close to the axis term. ALIEN was found in the open text on the full matrix against odds of about 22 to 1, and on the smaller matrix against odds of about 33 to 1. The term CHARIOT had about 1 chance in 4 to be on the full matrix and about 1 chance in 8 to be on the smaller matrix. While YOUR GOD was close to gods in meaning, and while it directly crossed and shared a letter chaf with CHARIOT, I did not judge it to be indicative of plural gods, and so I assigned no statistical value to it. Likewise, while the reference of NINE CUBITS conjured up images of tall aliens, I only found it a-posteriori and thus I did not assign any statistical value to it either. With these considerations and limitations in mind, I calculated odds against the full matrix to be 162,593 to 1, and odds against the smaller matrix to be 12,185 to 1. For further guidance on the issue of aliens in our past (and possible in our future) see my article about No Alien gods. The Merkabah is also discussed in my Time Machine and Ezekiel article.
The CHARIOT/MERABAH described in the Bible in Chapter 1 of Ezekiel was as follows:
1. Now it came to pass in the 30th year, in the 4th month, as I w of a as among the captives by the river Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
2. In the 5th day of the month, which was the 5th year of king Jehoichin’s captivity,
3. the word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the land of Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
4. And I looked, and, behold a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud with a fire flashing up, so that a brightness was round about it; and out of the midst thereof as the color of electrum, out of the midst of the fire.
5. And out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their likeness:
6. And an every one of them had four faces, and every one of them had four wings.
7. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf’s foot; and they sparkled like the color of burnished brass.
8. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and as for the faces and the wings of them four,
9. their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went ever one straight forward.
10. And as for the likeness of their faces, they had the face of a man; and they four had the face of a lion on the right side; and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
11. Thus were their faces; and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined to one another, and two covered their bodies.
12. And they went every one straight forward; whither the spirit was to go, they went; they turned not when they went.
13. As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like coals of fire, burning like the appearance of torches; it flashed up and down among the living creatures; and there was brightness to the fire, and out of the fire went for lightning.
14. And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
15. Now, as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel at the bottom hard by the living creatures, at the four faces thereof.
16. Thus the appearance of wheel and their work was like the color of a beryl; and they four had one likeness; and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel with a wheel.
17. When they went, they went toward their four sides; they turned not as they went.
18. As for their rings, they were high and they were dreadful; and they four had their rings full of eyes round about.
19. And when the living creatures went, the wheels went hard by them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the bottom, the wheels were lifted up.
20. Wherever the spirit was to go, as the spirit was to go there, so they went; and the wheels were lifted up beside them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
21. When those went, these went, and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up beside them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
22. And over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of a firmament, like the color of terrible ice, stretched forth over their heads above.
23. And under the firmament were their wings conformable the one to the other; this one of them had two which covered, and that one of them had two which covered, their bodies.
24. And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings like the noise of great waters, like the voice of the Almighty, a noise of tumult like the noise of a host; when they stood, they let down their wings.
25. For, when there was a voice above the firmament that was over their heads, as they stood, they let down their wings.
26. And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone; and upon the likeness of the throne was a likeness of a man upon it above.
27. And I saw as the color of electrum, as the appearance of fire round about enclosing it, from the appearance of his loins and upward; from the appearance of his loins and downward I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness round about him.
28. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round above. This was the appearance of the glory of the LORD. And then I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spoke.