Time Travel, Rotating Superconductors, Ezekiel, and His Wheels
An Examination of Technical and Religious Implications (Updated 12/9/2014)
This page discusses the prophet Ezekiel's UFO-like vision (the Merkabah), time travel theory and related technology, and time travel in the Torah Code. Nick Cook's book, THE HUNT FOR ZERO POINT serves as a starting point in the discussion in the left column below. Ezekiel's first Heavenly Throne/Chariot (Merkabah) vision is in the right column. We will also explore possible national symbolism contained in Ezekiel's vision. The Merkabah is considered to be perhaps the most esoteric part of the Jewish Bible. Nowhere is there such a heavy infusion of mechanics associated with the Almighty (Israeli tanks are named after it). Many television shows (like the old Project U.F.O - Blue Book series) have asserted that it represents an alien spaceship, who whether to serve God, or for altruistic (or even their own purposes), interfered in our religious and/or social development. Cook's book (and some information that I cannot publish) indicates that from at least the 1940s in Germany, and on, there have been efforts made to alter space-time. Such efforts could lead to a time machine, as Cook asserts at page 229. And it is with regard to this attempt, and the overlap of national symbols with animal faces seen with the Merkabah, that a rough attempt is made below to link nations exploring such technology with Ezekiel's vision. After exploring these links, I will offer more classical religious explanations of Ezekiel's text.
WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS - EZEKIEL AND GRAVTICS. The updated picture of the Onion Drive (on the right below) was provided by Paul Potter. Note the torsion field. As will be discussed further below in conjunction with Nick Cook's book, The Hunt for Zero Point, torsion fields have been associated with research pertaining to time travel.
GUIDE FOR THE PERPLEXED
Before starting, let me state that I am a modern Orthodox Jew. This means that I frame my beliefs primarily from within the first 5 book of the Bible, known as the Torah. I try my best to learn the interpretations of Torah Law through study of the Oral Torah, or Talmud. Much of that is based upon the prophets (Hebrew: navim) and writings (Hebrew: ketuvim) of what Christians refer to as the Old Testament – what, with Torah, is called the Tenach by my fellow Jews. I do not accept the New Testament as sacred scripture, but as someone who has written extensively about comparative religion, I am intimately familiar with that text.
The book of Ezekiel is part of the Tenach, and as such, part of my normally accepted Scripture. But, after teaching science for 30 years, and after having done some fairly intense UFO research, with one personal UFO experience on my 10th birthday, and many interviews of people in a position to know more about the truth than I can safely publish, I find that there are two important places to start to search for the truth – Nick Cook’s book, THE HUNT FOR ZERO POINT (first published in 2001), and the Book of Ezekiel written around 592-593 BCE in accordance with the (Jewish) commentary on Ezekiel published by Rabbi Dr. S. Fisch of the Soncino Press. His commentaries will be my initial source of religious exposition. I may add to it later from the Talmud.
There are two key elements of this book that immediately leap out from the rest of the Tenach. First – nowhere else in Tenach do we see such a bold and detailed, highly mechanical description of the Divine Throne-Chariot (Ma’aseh Merkabah). Second, although the Soncino speaks of a mere anthropomorphism, on the surface at least at verse 1:26 we have, in apparent contradiction to the second of the Ten Commandments, upon the likeness of the throne was a likeness of a man upon it above.
This section of the Bible, for a Jew, is like playing with the fire that it describes. But to understand it Fisch (xi), in citing Moses Maimonides (1120-1190 CE) and his book The Guide For the Perplexed, denotes the importance of natural science in conjunction with Ma’aseh Merkabah metaphysics.
Sections of THE HUNT FOR ZERO POINT by Nick Cook that pertain to Time Travel
On pages 228-229 Nick Cook (Aviation Editor of Jane’s Defense Weekly until 1991) discusses what was said by a secret source (pseudonym Dr. Dan Markus) in reference to German experiments at the Wencelas Mine at Ludwigsdorg, Poland in World War II which was investigated by Cook. The Nazis executed 62 scientists from there at the close of the war.
Markus: I know what they (the Germans) were trying to do… I know what the Bell was really about.”
Cook: OK, go ahead, I’m listening.
Markus: “They were trying to generate a torsion field.”
Cook: “What is a torsion field?”
Markus: “Laternentrager means ‘lantern holder.’ But it’s the second code name that’s the giveaway. Chronos. You know what that means, don’t you?”
Cook: “Yes, Dan, I know what it means. What is a torsion field? What does it do?”
Markus: “If you generate a torsion field of sufficient magnitude the theory says you can bend the four dimensions of space around the generator. The more torsion you generate, the more space you perturb.” He paused momentarily, long enough for me to make the connection. “When you bend space, you also bend time.”
Chronos. The third experiment in NASA’s BPP (Breakthough Physics Propulsion) study and the one that Puthoff had predicted would be the first to yield a result.
Markus: “Now, do you understand what they were trying to do?”
I said nothing. It was Markus who closed the loop.
Markus: “They were trying to build a f*cking time machine.
THE HUTCHISON EFFECT
As the link for John Hutchison indicates, there is a world of controversy surrounding John Hutchison and the so-called Hutchison Effect. There are plenty of critiques of Hutchson out there including some on the previous link that suggest the Hutchison Effect is a hoax, but where the quest for truth by me got personal for me is with some of the names used in the first link. Two names in particular pop out - one is Colonel John Alexander, and the other is Hans Adam II, Prince of Liechtenstein. Both are close friends of my friend, Commander C. B. Scott Jones, who is a member of a group known as The Aviary. Scott first contacted me in 2007 after he saw me on the History Channel (see 2:59 to 3:50 of Part 3 where I discuss ideas about who wrote the Code and the possible alien authprship.) Colonel Alexander is also a member of the Aviary, and according to one writer, Robert J. Durant, in an article entitled Will the Real Scott Jones Please Stand Up?, Scott "often escorted Prince Hans-Adam of Liechtenstein, a very wealthy European with a long standing interest in the paranormal. Durant goes on to cite the personality magazine Special Report (November 1990-January 1991) which described the Prince as "Heir to the last segment of the Holy Roman Empire."
At pages 260-261 in Cook’s Zero Point book, he states in 1979 (until 1986) Hutchison first began to levitate objects, and that he went into partnership with a South African Company, Pharos Technologies, to promote the Hutchison Effect. Only small amounts of power (400 to 4,000 watts) via a 110 AC wall socket, could be used to raise weights of up to 100 pounds (various compositions) up 80 feet from his equipment. Nothing would happen 90% of the time, but sometimes there were weird erratic results which included making objects shred, tear apart, evaporate, or transmute (change composition). The effects were so erratic, that there was an effort made to sell it to the Pentagon simply as a disruption system.
This is one place where the Aviary becomes involved. Col John B. Alexander of the U.S. Army’s Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) moved Hutchison’s lab to a large empty warehouse in North Vancouver. Others involved were from the Los Alamos National Laboratory and the Office of Naval Intelligence. Alexander provided a molybdenum rod (sag temperature 3,700o C) and the Effects had bent it into an S shape. Further, high-carbon steel was “shredded at one end and transmuted into lead at the other.” PVC plastic disappeared, and wood became embedded in the middle of a piece of aluminum. Many items were levitated, and at one point the lab appeared to draw electricity from an unknown source (zero point energy or another dimension?) as the known power was off at the time.
Jack Houck of the McDonnell Douglas aerospace corporation spent two days evaluating the results, thought them to be real, but due to psychokinesis. It is at this point in Cook’s account (page 267), that we read Hutchison is claiming time dilation in his results – “pockets of altered space-time within the target area, and most extraordinary of all, the capacity of the Effect to turn metal ingots transparent.” They were “visible in outline yet totally see-through.”
Boeing partly funded related experiments in the late 1980s, but the Canadian government confiscated Hutchison’s equipment in 1989, declaring that it was an environmental hazard – this after pressure from the U.S. As for Col Alexander, he told Nick Cook of the Effect, “Oh, it's real…the trouble is, sometimes it works and sometimes, it doesn’t. But four out of five of us came away believing.”
Figure 2 below: TIME MACHINE AND END OF DAYS IN TORAH CODE
The lowest (most significant) ELS of TIME MACHINE in the Torah Code has the word TIME directly crossed in the open text by IN THE END OF DAYS. Odds against such a spectacular meeting were about 866 to 1. The End of Days, of course, would be the ultimate trip for a time machine. When the matrix is expanded from 11 to 24 columns (as with the matrix on the right above), we find that verse just above END OF DAYS also includes a reference to time – the 600 years of Noah’s life when the great flood began. The link of The End of Days with a cataclysmic event like the Global Flood may be a warning that time machine technology can be very dangerous indeed. Perhaps this is why the Nazis at the end of World War II executed 62 scientists that Cook alleges were involved in such research.
MECHANICS OF A TIME MACHINE
With respect to the equipment used by John Hutchison, the following items are listed on page 265 of The Hunt For Zero Point:
1. Large Tesla Coil containing the uranium source, a donut-shaped metal coil on top
2. Diagonally across the room, on the other side of the target area, a powerful Van de Graf generator capable of producing a 250,000-volt DC static charge
3. A 3.5 foot double-ended Tesla coil, known as the “dumbbell”
4. Between the above three items, smaller devices, all connected to each other by multiple wire and cabling.
5. Tuning capacitors, high-voltage transmission caps, RF coils and a spark cap that would snap about every 40 seconds sending a large shock wave through the building.
Cook writes that “in the flickering light of the monitoring screens members of the team would see their shadows moving on the edge of their vision. Several said it made them feel like there were people there, watching them,” a possible reference to people in a very nearby parallel dimension. If there was such a link being opened, it might explain why the experiment continued even when the known power (in this universe) was disrupted. It was being delivered by a source on the other side.
Notably absent in Cook's description above is any reference to rotating superconductors and ceramics such as will be discussed below under Eugene Podkletnov where we find that weight loss occurs at 5,000 rpm (page 231), levitation at 15,000 - 20,000 rpm, and (nondescript) "interesting results" from 25,000 - 50,000 rpm (page 236). Professor In-Gann Chen has put out an excellent short video that includes footage of a rotating, levitating superconductor. Curiously (as is seen in the latest film version of H. G. Well's novel, THE TIME MACHINE) Hollywood has apparently caught on to this concept. Of note here, John Hutchison (discussed above), who worked on anti-gravity, later went into the science fiction film business.
FRONTIERS OF PROPULSION SCIENCE
There has been a distinct and interesting pattern that has developed in my exploration of the physics of antigravity and time travel. Dr. Scott Jones and Clark McClelland both contacted me after they watched me on the History Channel. Both are into UFOs and Remote Viewing. Scott is in a small and highly controversial group know as the Aviary. So is Col. John Alexander and Dr. Hal Puthoff. The Aviary is involved with UFOs and Remote Viewing. Col. Alexander is one of five U.S. Government officials who examined the work of John Hutchison in antigravity. Puthoff is a well respected science who works in the same field. When I contacted Scott about how I could learn more about the topic, as in really learn about it, he forwarded my request to Puthoff who recommended that I purchase a just-released 737-page textbook entitled Frontiers of Propulsion Science. On March 20, 2009 I began to study the text. I posted a few relevant comments on my page about Podkletnov. At about the same time it became clear that my 16-year old son, David Roffman, would graduate from high school two years early, and enter the Engineering Physics program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Encouraged by Dr. Puthoff, Dr. Scott Jones, Clark McClelland and others with inside information about what was supposedly going on in the black budget world, David read and posted his first draft of a chapter by chapter review of Frontiers in Propulsion Science on his web site. His goal at Embry-Riddle is to gain the ability to properly analyze all the mathematical aspects of the claims out there about UFO propulsion and/or time travel. My wife and I have moved with David to the Daytona Beach, Florida area not only to ease his way here, but also to study this field right along with him. As for Frontiers, on July 9, 2009, I posted a review of the book posted on Amazon.com. The biggest problem that David and I both had with the NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Program described in Frontiers was that it was allegedly backed by only 1.6 million dollars. David and I both thought that such a low figure, given potential benefit to the U.S. Government, was as ludicrous as Dr. Evil's initial request for funds in an Austin Powers film. In fairness to Frontiers, it is mentioned on page 699 that the NASA "BPP Project is "not the only government-funded effort to seek revolutionary advances. There is a larger NASA Institute of Advance Concepts (NIAC) and an even larger Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). DARPA has been around since 1958 (about the time that electrogravitics went dark according to Nick Cook). It has a budget two orders of magnitude greater than NIAC. DARPA received roughly $500,000,000 in 2007.
KEY VERSES IN EZEKIEL CHAPTER 1
1. Now it came to pass in the 30th year, in the 4th month, as I w of a as among the captives by the river Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God.
2. In the 5th day of the month, which was the 5th year of king Jehoichin’s captivity,
3. the word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the land of Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him.
4. And I looked, and, behold a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud with a fire flashing up, so that a brightness was round about it; and out of the midst thereof as the color of electrum, out of the midst of the fire.
5. And out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their likeness:
6. And an every one of them had four faces, and every one of them had four wings.
7. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf’s foot; and they sparkled like the color of burnished brass.
8. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and as for the faces and the wings of them four,
9. their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went ever one straight forward.
10. And as for the likeness of their faces, they had the face of a man; and they four had the face of a lion on the right side; and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.
11. Thus were their faces; and their wings were stretched upward; two wings of every one were joined to one another, and two covered their bodies.
12. And they went every one straight forward; whither the spirit was to go, they went; they turned not when they went.
13. As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like coals of fire, burning like the appearance of torches; it flashed up and down among the living creatures; and there was brightness to the fire, and out of the fire went for lightning.
14. And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.
15. Now, as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel at the bottom hard by the living creatures, at the four faces thereof.
16. Thus the appearance of wheel and their work was like the color of a beryl; and they four had one likeness; and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel with a wheel.
17. When they went, they went toward their four sides; they turned not as they went.
18. As for their rings, they were high and they were dreadful; and they four had their rings full of eyes round about.
19. And when the living creatures went, the wheels went hard by them; and when the living creatures were lifted up from the bottom, the wheels were lifted up.
20. Wherever the spirit was to go, as the spirit was to go there, so they went; and the wheels were lifted up beside them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
21. When those went, these went, and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up beside them; for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.
22. And over the heads of the living creatures there was the likeness of a firmament, like the color of terrible ice, stretched forth over their heads above.
23. And under the firmament were their wings conformable the one to the other; this one of them had two which covered, and that one of them had two which covered, their bodies.
24. And when they went, I heard the noise of their wings like the noise of great waters, like the voice of the Almighty, a noise of tumult like the noise of a host; when they stood, they let down their wings.
25. For, when there was a voice above the firmament that was over their heads, as they stood, they let down their wings.
26. And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone; and upon the likeness of the throne was a likeness of a man upon it above.
27. And I saw as the color of electrum, as the appearance of fire round about enclosing it, from the appearance of his loins and upward; from the appearance of his loins and downward I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness round about him.
28. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round above. This was the appearance of the glory of the LORD. And then I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spoke.
EZEKIEL 37:1. The hand of the LORD was upon me, and the LORD carried me out in a spirit, and set me down in the midst if a valley, and it was full of dry bones;
EZEKIEL 37:2. and he caused me to pass by them round about, and, behold, there were very many in the open valley, and, lo, they were very dry
EZEKIEL 37:3. And He said to me: ‘Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, You know.’
EZEKIEL 37:4. Then He said to me: ‘Prophesy over these bones, and say to them: O you dry bones, hear the word of the LORD:
EZEKIEL 37:5. Thus says the LORD GOD unto these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
EZEKIEL 37:6. And I will lay sinews on you, and you will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the LORD.’
EZEKIEL 37:7. So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and a commotion, and the bones came together, bone to its bone
EZEKIEL 37:8. And I beheld, and lo, there were sinews upon them, and flesh came up, and skin covered them above; but there was no breath in them.
EZEKIEL 37:9. Then He said to me: ‘Prophesy unto the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath: Thus says the LORD GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.’
EZEKIEL 37:10. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, and very great host.
EZEKIEL 37:11. Then He said to me: ‘Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say: Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are clean cut off.
EZEKIEL 37:12. Therefore prophesy, and say unto them: Thus says the LORD GOD: Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, my people; and I will bring you into the land of Israel.
EZEKIEL 37:13. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and caused you to come up out of your graves, O my people.
EZEKIEL 37:14. And I will put my Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land; and you shall know that I the LORD have spoken, and performed it, says the LORD.
There was a time when the Vatican was the arch enemy of science. But today Rome has a very different attitude. It maintains astronomical observatories, backs evolution, and indicates that it’s OK to believe in aliens, and that they may not be guilty of original sin. When the Mars Society had its annual meeting in Boulder, Colorado in 2008, the Vatican had a representative speak there. They don’t want to be left with egg on their faces again as they were with their handling of Galileo. But does the Vatican also have an interest in time manipulation experiments? And if so, how, and why?
As of August 24, 2009, my best guess is that they have not participated in an experiment that has altered the past, but that they are watching all related time manipulation experiments with concern. I don’t think they have participated in any successful experiments – at least involving going back in time – simply because they could have eliminated opponents like Martin Luther or Mohammed if they could have toyed with the past. But imagine what would have happened if the Nazi use of the term “Jewish Physics” could have been extended from nuclear physics to time itself. This is kind of like the classic paradox of a time traveler who goes back in time and kills his own father before he himself were conceived. If an angry Jew were to go back in time to prevent the birth of Jesus (or Mohammed), what would happen to the Church or to Islam today? What about our entire history of religious wars, and the power structure of today’s world? Would it vanish, or would such an act merely set up a parallel world with an entirely different reality?
Jesus, Luther, and Mohammed were all born. Therefore, on the surface, it appears that whatever Ezekiel saw, it was probably not due to the effects of time travel. But the Vatican is undoubtedly very aware of how such experimentation could affect its interests. Therefore it is likely to play a role (perhaps even a supervising role) when such experiments take place. This leaves the most likely explanations of Ezekiel’s vision to be the classic religious ones, or the results of a UFO encounter.
Dr. Ron Mallet is a physicist who thinks it is possible to send a signal into the past. But he says that if we build a time machine, we can only use it to go back to the time that the machine was created. To reach an earlier time, we must use a machine created earlier by an alien civilization. However, if we alter anything back then, we may only alter a parallel universe, not our own. This being the case, at best we may only observe what happened. It's much like reading a history book, or watching a video. Doing so doesn't alter the event being depicted, or at least, not in a way that affects us in this world up until the point that we report our results. But it can affect what happens after we make our report. For example, suppose a trip into the past revealed that Jesus actually survived the Cross. Would Christianity survive? Certainly not in its present form. Note that on page 696 of Frontiers in Propulsion Science, it is shown on Figure 5 that one of the investigations of the Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Project was to Modify Spacetime.